Sweet | 1 2 3 4 5| Dry
Light | 1 2 3 4 5 | Full bodied
Bright ruby red colour.
Up-front dark berries with dark chocolate and subtle spicy undertones.
The palate is surprisingly rich and beautifully balanced. Flavours of darker blackberry and cherry with hints of dark chocolate and spicy oak.
Pinotage is an incredible wine, because it is versatile enough to pair across a huge spectrum of dishes from oysters to game to spicy Middle Eastern cuisine. In fact, like Dragon Tree, it loves spices and even chillies. It is gorgeous with slow-cooked duck drizzled with a pomegranate and cardamom gravy and served with potatoes roasted in duck dripping as well as a green salad of bitter leaves.
Truth Tree Awards:
- Gold Michelangelo 2021
- Michelangelo Int Wine Awards 2019
- Ultra-Wine Challenge 2019
- SA Sommeliers Selection 2019
- Platter Wine Guide 2019
- Michelangelo International Wine Awards 2018
- Wine of the Month Club 2018 April
- Platter Wine Guide 2018
- Veritas Wine Awards 2017
- Michelangelo International Wine Awards 2017
- SA Sommelier’s Selection 2017
- SA Women Wine Awards 2017
- Old Mutual Trophy Wine Show 2017